Friday, April 28, 2017

Charging the A/C with A/C Pro by STP


I wanted to make sure that the A/C was bad in the car before I pulled it out. I had noticed that the compressor would try and cycle on every now and then, but would not stay on. If the system is not charged the compressor will cycle like that till you charge it.

I got a bottle of A/C Pro by STP and tried to charge it. The gauge on bottle said that my system had a full charge, in fact was a bit over charged. I thought this might have been from a cheap gauge so I tried to put a bit in. It did nothing for the system, the compressor still only cycled now and then and the A/C did not get any colder, I had a thermometer on it, no change.

I then checked my daily driver and it was a bit low, it took just about the whole can and dropped the temp 10 degrees.

So that is that, I'll be pulling the A/C to take some weight off the nose of the car. I'll post some photos when I get around to doing that.

No comments: