Friday, October 22, 2021

All Jacked Up!



I went to Harbor Fright today and picked up their top of the line 3 Ton jack. I did not know that they came in colors other than Yellow. They have three colors now, the Classic Yellow, a Deep Candy Apple Red and the one I got, Sunburst Metallic Orange.

I went for their best jack because it has grease fittings on the wheels and it comes with a 3 year warranty. It's a low profile design that lifts from 3-3/4 in. to 23-1/8 in. It has a very long handle to help with reducing the amount of pumps you need to lift whatever you are jacking up.

It's very heavy at 113 Lbs. The weight and the great wheels makes it super easy to roll around on the garage floor.

The first task it'll be used for will be for changing all the shocks on the F-250. I picked up two front and two rear Bilstein shocks to replace the original Ranchero shocks that are shot.


I already own the Pittsburgh Aluminum 1.5 ton Race Jack. It's pushing it with a full weight Mustang, but will be great once the GT gets down to race car weight. It'll be good to take to the track because it's light (33 Lbs.) and has a handy handle. Plus there was no way I was going to be able to use the race jack on the F-250.

That is all for now...





 

No comments: