Friday, June 30, 2017

New Start



Since my decision to pull the GT off the road and make it a drag racing car I had to go through a couple things to get it off the road. I called my insurance agent to cancel the insurance, but he told me that the State of Georgia will fine me if I don't turn in my tag and tell the State that the car is no longer on the road.

I thought that by not renewing the tag would be enough for the state to know it's not on the road anymore, but I was wrong. So, before turning in my tag I had to fill in the empty space with something new. I searched Amazon and found this Ford Racing plate for $6.99 with free two day shipping since I'm a Prime member.

I got the plate today and installed it. I'm not sure if the tag office will be open on Monday because of the 4th of July holiday. If not I'll have to wait until Wednesday to turn it in and cancel my insurance.

A very small upgrade and a small step toward my race car project, but "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao Tzu

Or to put it another way, "A journey of many quarter miles begins with a single step."

No comments: