Saturday, November 21, 2009

Summit Fast-Five Wheels


I have both front and back wheels now. They are the Summit Stars, or what Summit calls Fast-Five wheels. The fronts are 15x4 and the rears are 15x8. Now I have to get tires. I'm going to be putting on the M/T ET Street Radial P 275 /50R15 on the back. I'm having problems finding front tires. Since the wheel is only 4 inches wide the tire size is 165/80TR15, which were used on the old VW Bug. I have found two different tires that will work, one is made by Nexen and the other is made by Kuhmo. I'll have to check next week at Dekalb Tire to see if I can get them ordered.

I'm working on cleaning out the garage to put the car in there so I can work on it this winter. Plus it gets it out of the weather. I'm back on track on what I want to do with the car. I flirted with making it a road racer, but after I saw how much it cost to race I have decided to keep it on the road. The cost of just one 45 min. road race is what it will cost to keep the car insured and on the road for a year. Plus after looking at the spec. the tire they have to run cost $836 for a set. I think I'm just going to stick with something I can cruise around with and take to the drag strip once and awhile.

Since I'm going to be working on it more this winter I promise I'll keep the blog updated more often. First up will be cleaning out the garage and I have made a huge dent in that area. I hope to have the Mustang in there by next weekend. I'll keep you posted....

2 comments:

longhairman said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.