Sunday, June 22, 2008

MSD Coil Packs




I'm back from my test drive after changing the spark plugs, wires and cleaning the MAF. I forgot to mention that I also replaced both four tower coil packs with the MSD four tower blaster coil packs. The sales copy says: "These new coils from MSD are designed to be bolt-in replacements for OEM coils but with a hotter spark that improves performance. They are designed with better materials and windings to help burn the fuel mixture more efficiently which results in a smoother idle and more mid range power." They were easy to bolt in, four bolts per coil pack, unplug the coil connector put wires back in the correct place and you are good to go. I did notice a much smoother idle and no stumbling in 5th gear with the cruise control on. After all this work the GT idles better, accelerates smoother and is smoother in cruise control at low RPMs. So I'm very happy with the results. I got the plugs and coil packs at Mustangs Unlimited and the Ford Racing 9mm plug wires at Summit Racing.

No comments: